Monday, January 30, 2012

{Monday Tips & Tools} Learning InDesign

If you haven't noticed yet, you will. I'm playing with a couple new blog series concepts in an attempt to come up with a blog schedule that is varied, interesting and fun. I like the idea of a "Tips & Tools" series because I'm constantly challenging myself to try new things and learn something new and a series like this would be a great way to share what I've learned with all of you.

As you know, my current obsession is Adobe InDesign. I love learning new technologies and adding new tools to my repertoire and I'm determined to learn how to use Adobe's InDesign for my digital and print design (in order to phase out Publisher). This weekend I spent a bit of time getting aquatinted with my new program and while I'm still a far cry from being very good, I think I'm getting the hang of it! (See my very first free printable here if you missed it!) There isn't anything overly intuitive about the program but I've heard it's easy compared to programs like Photoshop. Whether that's true or not it doesn't meant there isn't a learning curve involved. Luckily Adobe has recognized this and identified a need for some truly awesome video tutorials on AdobeTV. So I've shared with you here a couple of the ones that have gotten me started:




I hope someone out there finds these as useful as I did!

In closing, I'd like to ask you readers if there are any questions that any of you have or topics that you'd like covered in the "Tips & Tools" series. Instead of just telling you guys what I think is helpful, I'd love to cater it to what you think is helpful. Just leave a comment or email me at sarah@diyordont.com with your suggestions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...