How to Make
All types of lace
Material: dotted swiss, cheese cloth, crenoline etc
Chiffon flower strip
Self healing cutting mat-optional
Buttons, old jewelry, ribbon, seam binding
Instructions1) Cut pieces of muslin to 8 ½ x 11.
2) Take a sheet of freezer paper and iron onto the muslin. Trim close to the paper size and make sure that the muslin is free of bubbles or creases.
3) Select the image that you want to print and load your muslin sheet into the printer. Note: Do one sheet at a time so the printer will not jam
4) Print the image.
5) Use a self healing mat and rotary cutter if you have one. Cut muslin to 6x12 strips. You will need 6 panels.
6) Sew lace along all 4 sides of your panels. Take larger pieces of lace and sew to the center of the panel.. You can layer different laces, cheese cloth, dotted swiss, crenoline etc
7) Before decorating your pages, sew pages with the sewing machine at 6” down the back of the book. Each panel is 6” wide. Sew strips of chiffon flowers down the back of the book.
8) Start adding your images. Decorate around photos with bits of lace, pearls, flowers. Have fun! There is no right or wrong way to decorate this book. It is whatever you want!
Arline, you continue to amaze me with your beautiful vintage inspired projects! I'm in awe of these lovely books, thank you so much for sharing it with us!