Thursday, October 20, 2011

XTMAS TREE POP UP CARD

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the next member on our design team! I'm super thrilled to have Joan because she is a genius with paper! I'm so excited about the project she has for you today! Before I turn it over to her, I want to share with you the introduction that she wrote about herself:


My name is Joan, and I’m 43 years old. I live in Puerto Rico with my husband Miguel and my three “gilrs”. Two cats named Cremora and Merengue and one African Grey parrot named Lola. I have a full time job in the Accounting area and this hobby is my stress relief . I am so happy to be selected as part of the Do it Yourself or Not Creative Team Member. I was introduced to this fabulous world on 2006 when a friend invited me to a Creative Memories Party but it wasn’t until 2007 that I started making cards and stamping and since then I hardly make scrapbook anymore. I have a passion for this hobby and love to learn new techniques and work with different materials and textures. I love to work with bright colors and love to paper piece and add layers and texture to my images and cards. I love to make my own embellishments and find new and creative ways to use the things I have in my stash. You can find more about my work visiting me at my bloghttp://mirincondepapel.blogspot.com/.

Now, without further interruption, I pass you over to Joan! *******

Hi!

I am so glad to be here sharing with you a little of what I have been learning for the past few months.  Today, I want to share a Pop Up card tutorial.  For this card I used a digital stamp from Stretch & Bubbles name Trees with Bird Digital Stamp.  Honestly, I love digital stamps fro this type of cards since you can easily manipulate the image and create a mirror effect of it.  

I have wanted to make this as a video tutorial, but I’m still in the process of learning how to edit my videos so instead I took tons of photos of my work in process in an effort to show you my creative process.  I hope you like this card and hopefully learn how to make one of your own.

Step 1 – Making the Pop Up base:

Using Photoshop or other similar program, draw a card base slightly smaller than your actual card base.  For example, if you’re making an A2 card, the rectangle you will draw should not be larger than 4” X 5.25”.  Open your digital stamp and align the image on the top of your rectangle, making sure that the image fits inside it.  Once you are satisfied with your Pop Up base, merge the two layers and duplicate it.  Flip horizontally the second layer so it looks like a mirror image of the first one.  See that my two images are "looking" each other.

Steps 2 to 6:
(2) Print your image.  (3) If you wish, print the tree on two different DP cardstocks to add interest and color.  You can skip this part and simply color your image with your markers or preferred medium.  (4 &5) Cut both images.  They should be in a mirror effect so you can glue them together and have a two side effect.  See photo (6).

Steps 7 to 10:

(7) For my card I made a mask out of copy paper to be able to stamp a wood grain background on the tree trunk.  (8-10) I sponged brown ink on the tree trunk keeping the mask to avoid staining the Pop Up base.

Steps 11-13:

(11-13) Cut the two trees printed on DP paper and divide each section.  Glue the sections to the Pop Up base alternating the prints to create interest and dimension.

Step 14:

Decorate the image making sure that both are finish and looks alike.  For this card I used acrylic paint, India Ink from Faber Castell, water coloring pencils, black pen, zig zag stitch stamp and clear glaze to seal the image.

Steps 15-18:

(15) Prepare your card base. (16) Glue the opposite sides of the image together (like the step #6).   only on the image part.  (17) Then glue both pop up bases to the card base making sure they are aligned.  (18) Your image will Pop Out once your card is opened. 

If you want to see more detailed photos of the finished card, please visit me at my blog >>Mi Rincon de Papel<< where I will have a little blog candy for those who leaves me a comment.

Have a great day!!!
****

Thank you Joan, for such a fun project! I love the idea of pop-up cards! Make sure you stop by her blog and leave a comment to enter her fun giveaway!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...