Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{Wedding Wednesday} The Lawyer Wedding - Working around the "No Flower" rule...

No Flowers?!

For those of you who were privy to last week's introduction to the "Lawyer Wedding" you have been informed that the bride (pictured below) has implemented a "no-flower" rule. This rule covers all paper flowers, button flowers, fabric flowers or any other item that may even slightly resemble flowers. This even covers succulents. (I know, right?!)

The Bride-to-be

But before you write her off as a complete loon, I assure you, her reasons are solid. She wants to 1) drive me to jump off a bridge and 2) save $$! Somewhere along the way she's been traumatized by the ridiculous amount of money wedding flowers cost, and I can't really blame her. I purchased flowers wholesale for my wedding and it was only a couple hundred dollars, but if you really couldn't care less about them, that couple hundred dollars could be much better spent on something you LOVE! So, because I love her, and because I respect her nuttiness, I'm game for the challenge.

Option 1: Pinwheels



She has mentioned that she loves pinwheels. I'm all for on this one, my previous Wedding Wednesday post on pinwheels will attest to that, but we're not sure whether the event will be indoors or outdoors yet so I'm not banking on this one. Not to mention...

They kinda look like flowers...just sayin' ;)

Option 2: Candy

The bride has gone on record as saying (and I quote) "If I could somehow manage walking down the aisle with a bouquet of candy I would be so happy." This, my friends, comes from the woman who went an entire YEAR without sweets. (I was there, it was incredible). Girl, if you want to walk down the aisle with a gigantic dripping sundae, you earned it! In an effort to save the dress, however, a fellow bridesmaid ("Z") found this alternative:


Option 3: Parasols

Widely accepted as an alternative to bouquets, parasols have taken over the outdoor wedding scene. There's a pretty good chance though, that even if the reception is outside, that the ceremony will be held in a church. This could make the parasol's look a bit silly. That being said, there are lots of decorating opportunities with parasols...



Option 4: Candles/Lanterns

There seems to be some fuzziness as to whether this would be allowed in a church wedding, but I completely love this idea. Of course, since it's a daytime wedding, the candles wouldn't do much to decorate the reception so we'd probably have to tap into a few other decor ideas, but I still love the look for the ceremony!


Pinned Image

Option 5: Fans

I kinda dig this idea. Small, light-weight, won't catch anything on fire, and will come in handy if it's super hot!

bridesmaids with fans at your ceremony

What do you guys think? Do you have a favorite from the above? Do you have any great suggestions I haven't thought of?! Any help you could provide would be hugely appreciated, because let's face it, this is going to be a challenge!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...