Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{Totally Pinterested Tuesday}- Book Page Crafts!

I've always had an obsession with reading and books. Back when I was a young adult my nose was always in a book. I've actually had family members tell me that they weren't sure I had a face until I was 18 years old. When I was in college, though I would eat animal crackers and apples for dinner to save money, I was always at the book store. I LOVE books.

These days, I rely on technology to give me my book fix. I use audible.com to allow me to "read" while in the gym, doing laundry, or commuting and I use my kindle when I can snuggle in for a good long read. For someone who's such a reader, some think it's pure blasphemy to give up the genuine article, but aside from convenience I have a pretty valid reason. I have no more room!! I have three great big bookcases, and I STILL have to stack books on top! I'm a good sharer, and have "lost" a number of books through friends, but it's hardly noticeable.

I'll never read many of them again (including my old Business Law book from undergrad) so I'm thinking I should recycle them... into awesome projects! Today on "Totally Pinterested Tuesday" I'm sharing with you some of my favorite book page crafts, which I've pinned to my "Re-purpose This" board. (If you'd like a couple more projects, I posted 4 more on one of my very first posts, Earth Day Dare #1).

Talk about shabby chic! This is wonderful. If I had a reading nook, I'd line the walls with pages from old Shakespeare books...

Pinned Image

I am in awe of the vintage feel of this art. Such a wonderfully simple yet striking project!

Pinned Image

BUY it Here!
Hot Air Balloon- Print on Book Page-  6x9

This project is on jars, but little votives would be cute too. I also love the little map. An old atlas would be a great book to use!

Pinned Image

BUY it Here!
Sold by pemberleyhill

Pride & Prejudice Glass Votives (set of 3)

There are no words to describe how beautiful I think this is.

Pinned Image

How simple and sweet! 

Pinned Image
BUY it Here!

Mixed Book Page Table Lamp - Paper Lantern Light

O.M.G. this is so AMAZING. I'd never be able to DIY this, but I would love to have one on my shelf!

Pinned Image

BUY it Here!
Sold by MYARTNOOK

Book Sculpture Paper Sculpture Story comes to life


Do any of you have a favorite book page project you'd like to share with me?!

Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest! Remember, I follow back!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...