Saturday, September 3, 2011

Seeking DIY or Don't Creative Team Members!

That's right! I'm looking for ...
(Like the new logo?! I'm going to launch it once I have same actual Team Members:)

Okay, so here's the thing; when I first started dreaming up DIY or Don't I envisioned a collection of tutorials from many different crafting genre's, with each post paired with info on where to buy the finished product. What I failed to account for, was that my actual skill level precludes me from being able to provide tutorials on many worthy areas of DIYing! I, for example, have only the basic skill level in sewing. I can't knit or crochet. I don't stamp or, for the most part, make cards. I don't have kids so I don't make baby or children related item, I have very little graphic design knowledge (though harbor a strong love for fonts) and thus all invitation and stationary design is pretty much out the window. What I'm trying to say is that DIY or Don't could truly benefit from YOUR creative abilities!!

Ideally, I'd like to find interested parties for regular contributions, though if there are Crafties out there that only want to do a guest post for one project, I'd love to have that too!

Since joining the blogging world I have fallen in love with the amazingly friendly and supportive crafting blog community! It's like being surrounded by life-long friends all the time, except that I've never really met them. I see this as an opportunity to work a little closer with some of you!

If you already have a blog, I'd gladly put a nice big button on the sidebar listing you (your blog) as a "DIY or Don't Creative Team Member." If you don't have a blog already, consider this home! I'll add you to the "About Us" section and you'll have full administrative rights. This isn't a personal blog, and though I'm really attached to the mission, I'm great sharer! :)

Perhaps you are creative, but all you have is an Etsy shop. Perfect! Create tutorials on how to make your items for sale, and list your store as the place to buy the finished product! If you're concerned about people not buying your goods if they know how to make them, don't worry. Almost everything in Etsy has a tutorial out there somewhere already. Everything in my shop I've first posted a tutorial for, yet people still buy them. The blog is actually the number one traffic source for my Etsy shop!

If you or someone you know may be interested in this opportunity, please shoot me an email at sarah@diyordont.com. Talk to me about a couple tutorials you'd like to do and what I could do to make this arrangement work for you!

I'm ready for the next step in this blogging adventure! Are you?! Become a member of the DIYOD Creative Team!

2 comments:

Lulu Lane Designs said...

Sounds fun! And it would keep me on track for more crafty projects! :)

Tanya @ Dans le Townhouse said...

Great blog! Its great you are expanding! I've just added you as the newest blog I'm following. As a fellow DIY blogger, I'm excited to see what your upcoming projects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...