How to Make:
1 galvanized pail (I bought mine from Ikea)
4" circle of scrapbook paper
3 buttons (1 big, 2 small)
Twine (i used about 10")
Tissue paper (I made 3 flowers with 8" squares, 10 sheets each)
24" Floral Wire cut into thirds
Scraps of fabric for leaves (I used a bit of tulle and green suede)
Various size jewels to glue to add some sparkle
Scissors (to cut out circle)
1) Cut out the 4" circle from a patterned paper of your choice. I chose to also make the edges pretty by using a circle punch. If you have a electronic cutter, this part would be easier.
2) Punch holes in two opposite sides of the circle and add the grommets (see pic)
3) Grab your buttons and fabric and glue them to the front. I wanted them to look like flowers. You can make them look like anything you want. Heck, you don't even need to use buttons, you could use more paper, all fabric (maybe a rosette or something), sky's the limit! On this step you'll also glue on the fabric scraps (I cut mine to look like leaves) and the sparkly jewels.
4) Hot glue the twine to the back of one side of the circle. Wrap around the pot until there is about 1/2" overlay and cut to size. Finish gluing the other end to the back of the circle.
5) Slip the circle and twine under the pot and fix into position. My pot had ridges that the twine fit securely between, but a dab of hot glue under the circle would also keep it in place.
6) Make three tissue paper flowers in color/s of your choice. Use this tutorial for instructions on how to do that.
7) Bunch flowers together and wrap the floral wire together at the base so that they stay together.
8) Add flowers to pot and you're done!