Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{Quickie Tutorial} Doily Table Runner

There's a good chance that you have all seen the pretty doily table runners that are making an appearance at weddings (and tea parties) everywhere.


I just adore the shabby chic look of them and knew as soon as I saw the idea that it was perfect for my mom's birthday party. The challenge I had was that I don't crochet, and don't own any doily's, and I certainly didn't have enough to decorate the 8 tables we were to have at the party. It wasn't in the budget to buy a bunch of hand-made doily's but I couldn't be dissuaded, I had to have these runners.

Luckily, they make super cute paper doily's in a number of different sizes and shapes! I purchased a couple of packages of doily's from amazon.com:

EuroQuest Imports Deco Lace Set of 48 Assorted Round Doilies, White

And then layered them over a Kraft paper table runner. 
The result wasn't bad!




Total cost of this table set up? About $3.00! So not only was this a quick project, it's a cheap one too! I love it when DIY is sweet and simple ;)

Next entry I'll show you guys how to make the centerpieces that I placed on these pretty little runners:)


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your table runner! It is so simple and pretty! It is inspiring me to use doilies! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

malia said...

really cute idea!

Jessa Smith said...

This is so pretty! And so simple too! Those are my kinds of projects!

~Jessa
www.jessajill.blogspot.com

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

So simple to have such an impact! Thank you so much for linking up!

audrey lefour said...

It is for the first that I just visited your site and I find it really interesting! Congratulations!

voyance gratuitement par mail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...