Tuesday, August 16, 2011

{Quickie Tutorial} DIY Colored Votive Holder


I currently have in my possession about 64 frosted votive holders leftover from my wedding last year. They've been sitting in a box in our guest bedroom waiting. Waiting for me to think of something to do with them. I've had a few ideas, all of which I fully intend to share, but this one I was most eager to try out! Talk about simple, this project takes just a few minutes to create and the results are so cute! An added bonus is that you get to mix any color (or colors) that you want! Allow me to share my process:

How to Make

Materials
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
Food Coloring
Votive holder

Instructions
1) Mix 2 oz. of Mog Podge with 1 to 2 drops of food coloring.
2) Brush colored mixture evenly onto the outside of the votive holder.
3) Wait until the votive holder dries, then add another coat.

That's it! Possibly one of the easiest DIY projects ever!


Where to Buy
 Buy these pretty blue votive (or one of their other colors) from efavormart.com.

6 comments:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Pretty redo! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I posted about a similar project - faux blue ball jars.

c.w.frosting said...

Very pretty! I will try this technique!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

JudyBug said...

So easy! I'm going to try the canning jars and use them for candles. Love it!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

These are very cute!

Natalie said...

DUDE! I was just thinking about how to do something like this this morning while I was laying in bed. I wanted that EXACT same color, and I couldn't think of how to cheat and do it! THANK YOU for sharing this!!!

Natalie
NatSprat.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...