How to Make
2 pieces of cardstock in the color of the petals that you'd like
1 piece of cardstock in green for the leaves
1 straw (you can also use floral wire)
Hot glue gun and glue
scissors to cut out template
How to Make
1) Print out templates and cut out all petals (or use .studio files to cut with Silhouette)
2) Take the squiggly shaped petal (it looks like a dinosaur without legs) and glue like this:
3) starting at the side with the flat piece, start rolling the piece in on itself.
4) When you're finished rolling, glue the end down so that it looks like this:
5) Cut a small piece off your sponge and glue it to the top of your floral pin. I did this because it created a greater surface area for the pin head, and it ended up being more steady when glued in place within the center flower bud.
6) Add some glue to the outside of your pin and stick it in the bottom of your newly formed bud like this:
7) Now you start putting on the petals. Put some glue on the underside of your center bud and slide on the smallest bud. Curl under the sides of the petals. I use a straw to do this part, like this:
8) Start gluing each petal to the center bud, being sure to glue only one bud at a time. I put the glue on each petals like this:
12) Add on the spiky petal to the head of the straw and then stick the head of the pin (the one the flower is now on) into the straw, being sure not to push the sponge down, but to push the pin through the sponge. Glue the base of each petal "spike" to the rose and add a drop of glue to the end of the straw to secure the rose bud to it.
Where to Buy
You can find these pretty little flowers in kit form, as well as completed, in my etsy shop!
I hope you enjoy this tutorial, you earned it!! A huge thank you goes out to all my followers, both new and old :)