In anticipation of our upcoming ladies weekend, I started brainstorming some party props and one thing led to another and I was cutting these fun little wine tags! Adorned with a few choice adjectives, I thought this would be a fun way to "label" your guests. Fill them out before the party, or let your guests choose which personality trait to highlight for the night. Keep it clean, or...don't! Have a bunch of friends who don't know each other coming together for the first time? How's this for a conversation starter. "Oh, your tag say's "Shy," is that true?" Hosting a party where teams are necessary for a game? Have guests pick a glasses when they arrive with one of 4 chosen words and then have all the people with the same tag's team up. The possibilities are endless with these cute little tags!
How to Make
I've provided free access to this template to all subscribers. To become a subscriber you just need to "Follow" my blog through Google Friend Connect or your preferred RSS feed (you'll find the widget to join to the left of this post), then access my blog feed through your Google Reader or other RSS feed. Each post will have an additional link at the bottom of the post that says "Subscriber Only Downloads and Templates!" Click on this link and you'll be taken to a subscriber only page on my blog where you'll find the download links. One of the many benefits to being a D.I.Y. or Don't! fan!
Template (see above)
Un-patterned Cardstock (you can fit up to 12 tag shapes per 8 x 11 sheet)
eyelets and crop-a-dile
1 jump ring for each tag
1 hoop earring finding for each tag
pliers to close the findings
1) Using the template, cut out as many labeled tags (the ones with words) as you'd like on patterned paper.
2) For as many patterned shapes as you cut out, cut out the same number of blank shapes on the un-patterned cardstock
3) Also on the un-patterned paper, cut out the one small tag shape for each tag. These will the labels.
4) Using Mod Podge, glue one patterned shape ontop of an un-patterned shape (This step gives it stability). Repeat for each tag.
5) On each tag, using the mod podge, glue the label shapes just above the words. Be sure to leave room at the top for the hole.
6) Using your crop-a-dile or a hole punch, punch a hole the size of your eyelets in each tag. Be sure to punch the hole far enough down so that it's stable but not so deep that your jump ring won't close.
7) Fasten an eyelet in each hole.
8) Attach jump ring to each tag through the eyelet
9) Take a hoop earring finding and add a couple beads, thread through the tag, finish adding the beads and using the pliers, bend the fastener so that it latches. Et Viola!
Where to Buy
If you're looking for fun, personalized wine tags and you don't want to make them yourselves, you have to check out Clinks! A seller based out of Seattle, they have both wine and beer charms and they're super cute!