Wednesday, June 29, 2011

{D.I.Y.O.D. Wedding Wednesday} Lace!

There are few things in life that are more romantic than lace. That's a fact. So dainty, and sweet, it's impossible to be a hater of lace. Couple the romantic powers of lace with a wedding and you've instantly "had me at hello." (Cheesy romantic 90's movie pun intended). So, for today's DIYOD Wedding Wednesday I'm focusing on fun and easy lace decor projects. There must have been about 100 lacy tutorials that I wanted to share with everyone, but I settled on the below five.
Click on the description below the picture to be taken to the respective tutorial.

Try it Like This:


1) Heart Lace Garland 2) Lace Adorned Seating Chart 3) Lacy Envelopes
4) Lace Luminaries 4) Lacy Candle Holders
Buy it Like This:

Try as I might to find sellers of these lacy items, I was not able to. However, I figured I could at least provide some info on great places to buy the supplies for the projects so here we go:


Lace Trim for Heart Garland and Seating Chart: We have a running joke at work that if you're ever looking for something you should just google it and add ".com" to the end of it. In this case, it didn't work, but had I been looking for "Lace Heaven" I would have been spot on. And really, who isn't looking for a lace heaven?


Round Paper Doily for Luminaries: There a thousand shops that offer round paper doilies, but Amazon.com has a nice selection.





Square Doilies for Envelopes: I found square doilies on a number of sites, but I liked the variety offered by the set sold by Sur La Table.



Crocheted Doilies for Candle Holders: My suggestion with the crocheted doilies (if you're not going to make them yourselves) is to go on ebay and look for a lot of vintage doilies.

1 comments:

Michele Pacey said...

Hi Sarah! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for featuring my lace garland! So kind of you to do so!

Michele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...