Thursday, June 2, 2011

DIY Chalkboard Paint Projects

I have no rational explanation for it, but I've been dying to get my hands on some chalkboard paint. Yesterday while I was in the cleaning aisle of my local Ace Hardware store I ventured into the spray paint section and there it was. Chalkboard paint spray! I couldn't help myself. I bought 2 cans.

Now, I'll be honest in that I have never successfully executed a project involving spray paint. Someday I'll get around to posting my latest "DIY Fail" involving spray paint, but I haven't been able to bring myself to recognize the full extent of it's horridness yet.

So I came home with these cans of spray paint and realized I had no idea what to spray first. It didn't take me long to find some great project tutorials so I've picked a couple of my favorites to share with everyone.


How to Make
1) You can learn how to make these great painted terracotta pots by visiting KT Designs. While you're there check out her Birthday Series!

2) Specs and Wings has posted an easy to follow tutorial on how to make these handy jars. She also has an Etsy shop you should browse!

3) How awesome is this globe idea?! This tutorial on Design Sponge was contributed by Halligan. Such a clever idea!

4) I must admit, this wine bottle idea is probably my favorite. I have so many wine bottles sitting around waiting for me to so something awesome with them, this may just be it. MaryJanes & Galoshes has provided a super simple tutorial that I can't wait to try.

Where to Buy


ChalkNotes has a great selection of chalkboard terracotta pots!



If you're not up to paining your own handy jars, just buy them from bradensgracewallart. And if you're not satiated, check out the rest of the store, there's lots and lots of chalkboard items!



I almost thought I wouldn't be able to find a chalkboard globe, but thankfully stampyourartout pulled through!


Wanna purchase a few pre-made chalkboard wine bottles? UniqueWineBottles has got you covered. A matter of fact, they have many wine bottle bases covered! Browse the shop and check out your options!




Pin It

7 comments:

MaryJanes and Galoshes said...

Thanks so much for the feature! How sweet of you to share the projects.

Taylor

June@I will craft said...

Thanks for linking to my chalkboard globe. I love chalkboards and think that chalkboard can make the ordinary extraordinary.

I don't have a lot of followers but gave yours little plug. I love the idea of DIY or Don't.

Katania said...

Thank you so much for the feature of my chalkboard pots. I hope it was helpful to you :) I will be sharing the love with a link to your site and this post. Thanks again!
Katania from KT Designs

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am your latest follower and love your ideas. Feel free to check out my blog at www.thestuffofsuccess.com. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. (PS - I couldn't post under google - I had to process as anonymous. Thanks Athena

Sarah M. said...

Thanks for signing up to follow me Athena! I am now a follower of yours as well:) I'm sure we'll be connecting again soon!

Rolled Up Pretty and Cut Off Thoughts said...

Oh my gosh, this is DARLING! Seriously? So cute! You have THE CUTEST ideas out there!!!

bahar006 said...

İt is gorgeus:)) Congrats:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...