Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tutorial: DIY Tissue Paper Pom-Poms


If you've seen a wedding website in the past year or so, you've probably seen these tissue paper Pom-Poms. They're easy and inexpensive to make, colorful and fun! I decided the other day while making my Tissue Paper Mini Wreath Centerpiece that I couldn't in good conscience share tissue paper tutorials without covering the most popular of them all, so here you go!

Generally, when it comes to crafts, I'm all for redesigning the proverbial wheel (as long as it includes more ruffles, pretty colors, adding some glitter, etc) but in this case, Martha Stewart's pics were better than my own, so I'm sharing her tutorial instead of creating one of my own. Here's how to create a tissue paper pom-pom.

1) Stack eight 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inch-wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.

2) Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.

3) Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.

4) Bend wire into a loop to fit around napkin, and twist end around loop to secure

2 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Shared on my page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emily-Heizer-Photography/362017713118 :) I LOVE these!! Anything I can do to encourage the world to have more of these in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopes And Dreams Studio said...

So glad I found your blog. I posted this tutorial on MY Favorite Tutorials Page on my blog at http://hopesanddreamsstudio.blogspot.com/p/favorite-tutorials.html with a link back to you of course.
Thanks,
Jacque
Come on over and check me out if you get a chance. http://www.hopesanddreamsstudio.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...