Anywho, speaking of TP, first project I want to share with you was made from TP rolls, tissue paper, tape and hot glue. And, it's awesome. Don't believe me? Take a look at this:
I wish I had a taller candle for display, but all I had was a votive.
How to Make:
Materials Needed:2 toilet paper rolls
Masking tape (duct tape and painters tape also work)
4 sheets 20x30 tissue paper
1 AAA Battery (optional)
Scissors or Xacto knife for cutting paper
1) Cut toilet paper rolls into rings 1.5" thick.
2) Tape rings together so that they form a wreath (see picture).
3) Tape over all gaps between cardboard.
4) Use scissors or Xacto knife to cut paper into 3"x4" squares. I used 2 sheets each of two different colors.
5) Plug in the hot glue gun.
6) Take 1 cut piece of tissue paper, put the bottom of the battery into the middle of the tissue paper and wrap the edges up around it (see picture). Put a drop of the hot glue on the tissue paper that is over the flat bottom part of the battery.
7) Holding onto the battery push the glued section of the tissue paper to the cardboard wreath. Remove battery.
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you've covered the all visible portions of the cardboard.
9) Stick a candle or votive in the center and enjoy!
*Note: If you're worried about the heat from the candle setting the tissue paper on fire, use a battery operated tea light instead!
Where to Buy
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a seller of toilet paper roll centerpieces (weird huh?) and there doesn't appear to be anyone selling tissue paper crafts that aren't Pom related but if you are truly disappointed about this, message me and I can make you some (provided I can acquire enough toilet paper rolls ;)