Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tutorial: Tissue Paper Flowers

You thought I was done with tissue paper tutorials? No way! I couldn't not share a tutorial on how to make tissue paper flowers! Have you seen some of the beautiful bouquets made with tissue paper flowers?


Of course, bouquets are the first thing I think of when I envision loads of delicate and pretty tissue paper flowers, but there are plenty of things you can do with them. Take a look at this beautiful centerpiece designed by the talented Hilary over at Lovely and Gracious.


How pretty is that?! Well, you'll be happy to know that she shared the entire tutorial on how to duplicate this beautiful piece of art here. She did such a great job with photographing the process, I thought I'd share some of the photo documented steps she gave on how to create each of the flowers. 





A huge "Thank You" to Hilary, for her amazing creativity and for sharing it with the crafting world at large!! 

I don't know about you, but I couldn't wait to get started! Based on Hilary's tutorial I decided to try her simple carnation tutorial. Here's my first try (I colored the edges with a marker before I unfolded the paper, it was a pretty little touch):


So easy! Why don't you guys try and email me pics of your results? I'll post the submissions and we can admire each others work:)

Pin It

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Hi Sarah - thanks so much for sharing this with your readers! I really appreciate it! Your site it great and I'll definitely be following!

Anonymous said...

I love paper flowers. You gave me so many ideas thanks. BTW. Your job is amazing!!! :-D

Dan & Kelly said...

I'm making paper flowers for my wedding centerpieces! SO excited to have found your blog so I have more ideas for different kinds of flowers now! http://turquoiseflats.blogspot.com/2011/06/laper-ladies.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...