In my quest to find some fun and interesting ways to display some of the numerous photos I have yet to frame and put on the walls, I took notice of a couple adorned clothes pins that I saw somewhere and a little light bulb went off. I thought it would be really cute to extend some some ribbon or twine along the wall and use clothes pins to fasten pictures to it. I just happened to have a bunch of mini clothes pins left over from our wedding, so I dug them out and used some of the scrap paper pieces I've been saving. I think they turned out great and wanted to share this super simple tutorial with you.
How to Make
Small paint brush
Scraps of patterned paper
1) Measure out the width of your clothes pins and using your ruler and your Xacto knife, cut out strips from the different papers.
2) To get the proper length, place a strip on the table with the clothes pin over top of it. Slice the strip of paper where the clothes pin ends.
3) Using the paint brush, brush on a bit of Mod Podge on one flat side of the clothes pin.
4) Place the paper strip on the glued section and smooth out.
5) Repeat on other side if desired.
6) Wait until it dries and you're ready to use them!
Notes: Feel free to go wild decorating these. Hot glue buttons, ribbon, magnets, etc to them. The sky's the limit so be creative!!
Where to Buy
I love Etsy. Where else can you find a site that connects you with such creative and talented people?! It took me about 5 seconds to locate this wonderful seller who happens to have, among other things, a great selection of pretty little embellished clothes pin sets. TrinkArts is based in Australia but don't let that scare you, US shipping is only $1 more than our Aussie friends have to pay!
Here's a nice little collage of some of her stuff: