Monday, May 9, 2011

Thrifty Crafting With JKM Ribbons & Trims

Photo courtesy of scrapbook studio
If I was a betting woman (and I assure you I am) I'd bet that every true crafter has at least one weakness- an "impulse" weakness that is. It's that one thing that they can't just walk by in the store, that they find themselves drawn to when looking at different projects, that they can't help but accumulating. To determine what a crafters weakness is, all you have to do is look in their craft box (or in my case, craft room). Some crafters will have boxes of decorative papers, or jars upon jars of buttons; others will have shelves of various fabrics, or (Mom) about a zillion rubber stamps. Me. I love ribbon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a shameless collector of just about all of the items I listed above, but I'm super guilty in the ribbon department. Getting married was the best ribbon buying excuse EVER because I had a whole year to just snatch up ribbon of any color and size I wanted because I "might need it for decorating." But honestly, I don't even need to need ribbon for anything to buy it. I probably need help, but to my knowledge there aren't any support groups for a "ribbinphile."

Imagine how I felt when I stumbled upon the wholesale goodness of JKM Ribbons & Trims. My heart speed up and about EXPLODED through my chest. 30 yards of ribbon for $3?!?!? Yes please! An additional discount when I spend over $39? I can do that. Where has this site been all of my life?!

I was instantly inspired. My next project: building a ribbon rack :)

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my beautiful daughter I have soooo moved on from stamps, they are all in the attic! I am on to yarn, and ribbon and lace... LOT's of LACE. I can not walk in a craft store and not by yarn! Then when I buy yarn I have to buy the lace or ribbon for the project and of course buttons, don't forget the buttons... and don't get me started on fabric. Oh the textures, the smells, the wonderful patterns! Oh a craft store for me is like being in Heaven!

Sarah M. said...

Haha. It was a toss up, I went with something I know you have a bunch of:) Don't get me wrong though, I'm fully aware that you are just as bad at collecting and acquiring as I am. Where do you think I got it from? :D

MathGal said...

Don't buy ANYTHING from them. Maybe you'll luck out, but I've been waiting for my order to ship for the last 42 days. (That's 6 weeks. Just to ship.)

Sarah M. said...

That's great feedback MathGal! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

Don't order from JKM Ribbon, they are rated F by the BBB:

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/ribbons/jkm-ribbon-and-trim-in-berlin-nj-4004688

Still have not received my order yet. :-( Wish someone had told me...

Anonymous said...

I have had the same experience as others have listed above. I placed an order with JKM for ribbons for my wedding (which is in one week) and they have still not even shipped my product after almost fifty days. They are frauds who have scammed countless brides and customers and I would encourage anyone to save themselves the nightmare and NOT order from JKM.

Anxiously Engaged said...

Did you get your ribbon? I had a horrible time with that company! I couldn't BELIEVE how many horrible reviews were out there! Not one good one at all! I hope you found out quick enough so you didn't have an experience like me...

I ended up ordering through papermart.com. They have bulk and cheap too!

Blog Meister said...

This outfit is worthless. :Þ They charge your card and don't deliver when they say they will. I wish there was a BBB type of service for the internet where every business gets a rating before you buy from them.

lizkjcv said...

Don't order from them! I ordered 6+ months ago . . they charge your credit card ASAP, you can't cancel your order, and you get NOTHING. Read the online reviews!

Jt Abernethy said...

I would be very very careful when promoting these scammers. I am a hat designer and like you I see ribbons and I am like a kid in a candy store. Right away I placed my order for ombre wired ribbons march 20 we are now in May and they have now changed shipping date 3 different times. It is a FRAUD. They take your money even though they don't have the product to send and wait out the time you have to open a dispute on paypal.com in order for paypal to do anything you have to complain within 45 days of purchase. well because I had agreed to the original shipment of 4 weeks and 4 days I thought well I would still be ok. when I contacted them they said that it would be another 2-3 weeks 2 more weeks went by and now they are saying another 2-3 weeks. THIS IS FRAUD when a business takes your money and holds it hostage stringing you along that is theft. I am currently filing complaints with BBB of New Jersey Paypal.com Attorney General in New Jersey as well as the federal trade commision and the consumer complaint agency and last but not least the FBI internet fraud this business is nothing more than a scam to steal thousands of dollars from consumers and decieving the consumer by skirting the loophole via paypal they do not answer their phones and will only make contact via email or ignore you completely
so on purpose they make you wait and wait so that you can not open a dispute with paypal and if you aren't clued in sooner you may miss the window to have your bank/credit card reverse the charge my bank gives you 60 days. So if you miss those windows then you are told no refunds and you can have store credit...This company has even made the news and has ripped people off globally . Anyone reading this please do your homework on any co you plan to purchase with . In the 10 years I have been purchasing online I have NEVER come across something like this.Save your money time and headaches and don't do business with these crooks

susane said...

I really love what you do wonder how did I miss your blog

voyante

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...