Sunday, May 15, 2011

Painted Garden Sign

In my last post I mentioned that I was working on a few "painted projects". Today I finished the second of the projects and I'm pretty happy with the results! After planting our container garden last weekend I realized that the wall space above it looked really blank and boring. I decided to make a sign with some of the leftover paint we had lying around. Here's how it turned out!


I usually follow each project with a tutorial, but I won't assume that you guys don't know how to paint a piece of wood:) I will share a couple of the details though. Instead of going out and getting wood and cutting it down to size, I used an unpainted shelf from Ikea. It cost $3. I primed and painted it white, then added the design. I drew the lettering freehand (as you can probably tell) in pencil first, and then went over it with paint. To hang the sign, I used two screws in the top and wrapped wire around the screws at the desired length. That's it! I was an easy and fun afternoon project!


Where to Buy
If you'd like a family sign of your own, but aren't in the mood to drag out all the paints, let Bosheree handle your signage needs. Not only do they have a wide array of custom "family decor," it's of a much better quality and design than my little sign:)




Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...