Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A New Medium!

Don't mistake my recent silence as disinterest in sharing or lack of inspiration, because it's been quite the opposite! Starting this blog has turned my crafty instincts in to overdrive and there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to try everything I want to and put it down in writing. This past weekend, while the boys (I say plural "boys" because I count Cooper the pup too) were down in Tennessee visiting his parents, I had my craft on. I had supplies and projects spread throughout three rooms in the house, and whichever project I wasn't currently attending to, our prissy little kitty Luna was. (I'll never understand her infatuation with lying all over anything and everything that I have spread out.)

Contrary to my typical crafty weekend, this weekend was not spent sitting at my sewing machine. This weekend, I discovered a love for a new medium: Paper! I've always been a fabric girl. Walking through the aisles of a fabric store and touching all the different textures, while imagining all the different things I could transform those shapeless yards into is like what I imagine a potter must feel with a new block of clay. I never really bothered much with the paper aisle, despite it's generous use of glitter, (which is one of the top 10 things that make me happy). This weekend, however, I took a detour on my way to Joann's to visit Michaels. Since they don't have fabric, I don't usually bother with Michaels, but since I had the weekend to myself, I figured, "what the heck?" I spent more time than I care to admit walking those scrapbooking aisles and walked out with more than I'd care to admit in paper and paper crafting tools. I'll tell you though, it only took me about 30 seconds to start developing idea's and another 30 seconds to catch the paper bug.

I fully intend to supply you with the step by step details of all my resulting projects, but I figured I could give you a little teaser until I get the chance. I'll also mention that the Crop-A-Dile is my new favorite tool :)

This is the first section of a birthday banner I started. 

This is one of the gift tags I created using some of the left over paper from the birthday banner!

What do you guys think?! Not bad for a new "Scrapbookie" huh? Or maybe I like "Paper Puncher" better:)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...